1. Ashby P. Speech sounds. 2nd ed. New York: Routledge; 2005.
2. Yunusova Y, Weismer G, Westbury JR, Lindstrom MJ. Articulatory movements during vowels in speakers with dysarthria and healthy controls. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2008; 51(3): 596-611.
3. Samareh Y. Persian phonetics. 2nd ed. Tehran: Iran University Press; 2001.
4. Johnson K. Acoustic auditory phonetics. 2nd ed. Wiley-Blackwell; 2003.
5. Ramsdell HL, Oller DK, Ethington CA. Predicting Phonetic transcription agreement: insights from research in infant vocalizations. Clin Linguist Phon. 2007; 21(10): 793-831.
6. Baken RJ.clinical measurement of speech and voice.Africa: Singular; 2000.
7. Ladefoged P. A course in phonetics. San Diego: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich; 2006.
8. Ladefoged P. Vowels and consonants an introduction to the sounds of language. 2nd ed. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers; 2005.
9. Akpinar ME, Kocak I, Gurpinar B, Esen HE. Effects of soft palate implants on acoustic characteristics of voice and articulation. J Voice. 2011; 5(3): 381-6.
10. Boone DR, McFarlane SC, Von Berg SL. The voice and voice therapy, 7th ed. Boston: Pearson/Allyn & Bacon; 2005.
11. Lima-Gregio AM, Dutka-Souza Jde C, Marino VC, Pegoraro-Krook MI, Barbosa PA. Spectral findings for vowels [a] and [a] at different velopharyngeal openings. Pró-Fono. 2010; 22(4): 515-20.
12. Sapir S, Ramig LO, Spielman JL, Fox C. Formant centralization ratio: a proposal for a new acoustic measure of dysarthric speech. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2010; 53(1): 114-25
13. Lee MT, Thorpe J, Verhoeven J. Intonation and phonation in young adults with Down syndrome. J Voice. 2009; 23(1): 82-7.
14. Dikkers, F.G. and Nikkels, P.G.J.: Benign lesions of the vocal folds: Histopathology and phonotrauma. Annals of Otology Rhinology and Laryngology, 1995; 104: 698-703.
15. Jiang J, Stern J, Chen HJ et al. Vocal efficiency measurements in subjects with vocal polyps and nodules: a preliminary report. The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology 2004; 113: 277-82.
16. Johns MM. Update on the etiology, diagnosis, and Treatment of vocal fold nodules, polyps, and cysts. Current opinion in otolaryngology & head and neck surgery 2003; 11: 456-61.
17. Mohammadi R, Mohammadi B. studying the Persian vowel formants in students of Rehabilitation School, Iran University of Medical Sciences. [Dissertation]. Tehran (Iran): Iran University of Medical Sciences 2003: 48-68. [Persian]
18. Mohammadi O. Determining and comparison of the Persian vowel formants in 18 - 22 years adults and 7 - 9 years children. [Dissertation]. Tehran (Iran): Iran University of Medical Sciences; 2005. [Persian]
19. Muhammad, Ghulam, et al. "Automatic voice disorder classification using vowel formants." Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2011 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
20. Dubuisson, T., Dutoit, T., Gosselin, B., & Remacle, M. On the use of the correlation between acoustic descriptors for the normal/pathological voices discrimination. EURASIP Journal on advances in signal processing 2009: 5.
21. DePaul R, Brooks BR. Multiple orofacial indices in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Speech Hear Res 1993; 36(6): 1158-67.
22. Ball MJ, Code C. Instrumental clinical phonetics. 1st ed. London: Whurr publication; 1997.
23. Muhammad et al.: Formant analysis in dysphonic patients and automatic Arabic digit speech recognition. Bio Medical Engineering OnLine 2011. 10:41.
24. Davis S.Acoustic characteristics of normal and pathological voices.American Speech-Language-Hearing Assoc 1981; 97-115.
25. Sumita YI, Ozawa S, Mukohyama H, Ueno T,Ohyama T, Taniguchi H. Digital acoustic analysis of five vowels in maxillectomy patients. J Oral Rehabil. 2002; 29(7): 649-56.
26. Manfredi C, Kob M, New trends in voice pathology detection and classification. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Editorial. 4, 171–172 (2009). doi: 10.1016/j. bspc. 2009.07.001.
27. AA Dibazar, TW Berger, SS Narayanan, Pathological voice assessment. (Proc. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology.
28. Colton, R. H., Casper, J. K., & Leonard, R. Understanding voice problems: A physiological perspective for diagnosis and treatment (4 Ed.). Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2011.
29. Faham M. Studying voice and voice problems in teachers regions 3 and 4 of Education in Tehran. [MSc Thesis].Tehran: School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Iran University of Medical Sciences; 2006.