2. Zhou BY, Shi J, Yu PL. [Consequence and risk factors of falls-related injuries in community-dwelling elderly in Beijing]. Zhonghua liu xing bing xue za zhi 2013; 34(8): 778-81.
3. Galor O. The Demographic Transition: Causes and Consequences. Cliometrica 2012; 6(1): 1-28.
4. Schonnop R, Yang Y, Feldman F, Robinson E, Loughin M, Robinovitch SN. Prevalence of and factors associated with head impact during falls in older adults in long-term care. CMAJ: 2013; 185(17): 803-10.
5. Hartholt KA, Stevens JA, Polinder S, van der Cammen TJ, Patka P. Increase in fall-related hospitalizations in the United States, 2001-2008. J Trauma 2011; 71(1): 255-8.
6. Stevens JA, Mack KA, Paulozzi LJ, Ballesteros MF. Self-reported falls and fall-related injuries among persons aged>or=65 years-United States, 2006. J Safety Res 2008; 39(3): 345-9.
7. Mack KA. Fatal and nonfatal unintentional injuries in adult women, United States. Journal of Women's Health (2002). 2004; 13(7: ( 754-63.
8. Gilbert R, Todd C, May M, Yardley L, Ben-Shlomo Y. Socio-demographic factors predict the likelihood of not returning home after hospital admission following a fall. J Public Health (Oxf). 2010; 32(1): 117-24.
9. Nilson F, Moniruzzaman S, Andersson R. Fall-related fracture trends among elderly in Sweden-exoring transitions among hospitalized cases. J Safety Res. 2013; 45: 141-5.
10. Dinh MM, Roncal S, Byrne CM, Petchell J. Growing trend in older patients with severe injuries: mortality and mechanisms of injury between 1991 and 2010 at an inner city major trauma centre. ANZ J Surg 2013; 83(1-2): 65-9.
11. Orces CH. Trends in fall-related mortality among older adults in Texas. Tex Med 2008; 104 (5): 55-59.
12. Alamgir H, Muazzam S, Nasrullah M. Unintentional falls mortality among elderly in the United States: time for action. Injury 2012; 43(12): 2065-71.
13. Gill TM, Murphy TE, Gahbauer EA, Allore HG. Association of injurious falls with disability outcomes and nursing home admissions in community-living older persons. Am J Epidemiol. 2013; 178(3): 418-25.
14. Hester AL, Wei F. Falls in the community: state of the science. Clin Interv Aging 2013; 8: 675-9.
15. Bonne S, Schuerer DJ. Trauma in the older adult: epidemiology and evolving geriatric trauma principles. Clin Geriatr Med 2013; 29(1): 137-50.
16. Limpawattana P, Sutra S, Thavompitak Y, Chindaprasirt J, Mairieng P. Geriatric hospitalizations due to fall-related injuries. J Med Assoc Thai 2012; 95 Suppl 7: 235-9.
17. Scandol JP, Toson B, Close JC. Fall-related hip fracture hospitalisations and the prevalence of dementia within older people in New South Wales, Australia: an analysis of linked data. Injury 2013; 44(6): 776-83.
18. Orces CH. Emergency department visits for fall-related fractures among older adults in the USA: a retrospective cross-sectional analysis of the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System All Injury Program, 2001-2008. BMJ Open 2013; 3(1).
19. Watson WL, Clapperton AJ, Mitchell RJ. The cost of fall-related injuries among older people in NSW, 2006-07. N S W Public Health Bull 2011; 22(3-4): 55-9.
20. Watson W, Clapperton A, Mitchell R. The burden of fall-related injury among older persons in New South Wales. Aust N Z J Public Health 2011; 35(2): 170-5.
21. Mould-Quevedo JF, Garcia-Pena C, Contreras-Hernandez I, Juarez-Cedillo T, Espinel-Bermudez C, Morales-Cisneros G, et al. Direct costs associated with the appropriateness of hospital stay in elderly population. BMC Health Serv Res 2009; 9: 151.
22. Mitchell RJ, Watson WL, Milat A, Chung AZ, Lord S. Health and lifestyle risk factors for falls in a large population-based sample of older people in Australia. J Safety Res 2013; 45: 7-13.
23. Ambrose AF, Paul G, Hausdorff JM. Risk factors for falls among older adults: a review of the literature. Maturitas 2013; 75(1): 51-61.
24. Grundstrom AC, Guse CE, Layde PM. Risk factors for falls and fall-related injuries in adults 85 years of age and older. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2012; 54(3): 421-8.
25. Skalska A, Wizner B, Piotrowicz K, Klich-Raczka A, Klimek E, Mossakowska M, et al. The prevalence of falls and their relation to visual and hearing impairments among a nation-wide cohort of older Poles. Exp Gerontol 2013; 48(2): 140-6.
26. Ungar A, Rafanelli M, Iacomelli I, Brunetti MA, Ceccofiglio A, Tesi F, et al. Fall prevention in the elderly. Clinical cases in mineral and bone metabolism: The Official Journal of the Italian Society of Osteoporosis, Mineral Metabolism, and Skeletal Diseases 2013; 10(2): 91-5.
27. Vu T, Finch CF, Day L. Patterns of comorbidity in community-dwelling older people hospitalised for fall-related injury: a cluster analysis. BMC Geriatr 2011; 11: 45-48.
28. Sibley KM, Voth J, Munce SE, Straus SE, Jaglal SB. Chronic disease and falls in community-dwelling Canadians over 65 years old: a population-based study exploring associations with number and pattern of chronic conditions. BMC Geriatr 2014; 14: 22-28.
29. Salarvand S, Birjandi M, Shamshiri M. Assessing prevalence of fallings and their relation with chronic conditions for older people living in Khoramabad, Iran. Ofogh-e-danesh, J Gonabad Univ Med Sci Health Serv 2007; 13(4): 59-65.
30. Zamani B,Ebadi S.A, Ahmadvand A,Moosavi Gh. The Frequency of Osteoporosis in Hip Fracture Following Minor Trauma and the Resulting Mortality Rate and Direct Treatment Costs in Patients over 45 Years Old in Kashan Naghavi Hospital during 2005-2007. J Kerman Univ Med Sci 2010; 17(2): 137-44.
31. Sheikh S, Akbari Kamrani AA, Karimlo M, Fadayevatan R. Comparison between the Risky agents correspond to fall in elderly people of urban and rural regions of Zabol. Iranian J Ageing 2013; 8(30): 44-52.
32. Pfortmueller CA, Kunz M, Lindner G. Fall-related emergency department admission: fall environment and settings and related injury patterns in 6357 patients with special emphasis on the elderly. Scientific World Journal 2014; 2014: 256519.
33. Orces CH, Alamgir H. Trends in fall-related injuries among older adults treated in emergency departments in the USA. Inj Prev 2014.
34. Adam SH, Eid HO, Barss P, Lunsjo K, Grivna M, Torab FC, et al. Epidemiology of geriatric trauma in United Arab Emirates. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2008; 47(3): 377-82.
35. Ghodsi SM, Roudsari BS, Abdollahi M, Shadman M. Fall-related injuries in the elderly in Tehran. INJURY, Int J Care Injured 2003; 34: 809-14.
36. Mitchell R, Curtis K, Watson WL, Nau T. Age differences in fall-related injury hospitalisations and trauma presentations. Australasian J Ageing 2010; 29(3): 117-25.
37. Harvey LA, Close JC. Traumatic brain injury in older adults: characteristics, causes and consequences. Injury 2012; 43(11): 1821-6.
38. Pfortmueller CA, Lindner G, Exadaktylos AK. Reducing fall risk in the elderly: risk factors and fall prevention, a systematic review. Minerva Medica 2014; 105(4): 275-81.
39. Jamebozorgi AA, Kavoosi A, Shafiee Z, Kahlaee AH, Raei M. Investigation of the prevalent fall-related risk factors of fractures in elderly referred to Tehran hospitals. Med J Islam Repub Iran 2013; 27(1): 23-30.
40. Forooz N, Rakeei M. The epidemiologic aspects of trauma in the elderly in shiraz hospital 2004. J Jahrom Med Sch 2004; 4(4): 41-6.
41. Salarvand S, Meraci MR, Ghaedi F, Zamani M. Prediction of likelihood of ground falling in hospitalized old patients in Isfahan; by using Morse Fall Scale. Sci J Kurdistan Univ Med Sci 2010; 15(1): 63-71.
42. Iranfar M, Ainy E, soori H. Fall epidemiology in the elderly residents of care centers in Tehran – 1390. Iranian J Ageing 2013; 8(29): 30-8.
43. Iaria M, Surleti S, Famá F, Villari S, Gioffré-Florio M. Epidemiology and outcome of multiple trauma in the elderly population in a tertiary care hospital in southern Italy. XXI Annual Meeting of The Italian Society of Geriatric Surgery; Terni, Italy: BMC Geriatrics 2009. Avalable from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/14712318/9/S1/A69.
44. Soltani MH. Elderly, duration of hospitalization and Hospital cost in Milad Hospital in Iran. Salmand- Iranian J Ageing 1390; 6(Suppl): 59-66.
45. M AM. Accounting and comparing of expenditure on the medical services given at neuro-surgery department of Imam Khomeyni Hospital in the year of 1994. J Tehran Fac Med 1998; 56(6): 87-2.
46. Das C, Joseph S. Falls in elderly. J Indian Med Assoc 2005; 103(3): 136-8.
47. Hartholt KA, Van Lieshout EM, Polinder S, Panneman MJ, Van der Cammen TJ, Patka P. Rapid increase in hospitalizations resulting from fall-related traumatic head injury in older adults in The Netherlands 1986-2008. J Neurotrauma 2011; 28(5): 739-44.
48. Aschkenasy MT, Rothenhaus TC. Trauma and falls in the elderly. Emerg Med Clin North Am 2006; 24(2): 413-32, vii.
49. Siracuse JJ, Odell DD, Gondek SP, Odom SR, Kasper EM, Hauser CJ, et al. Health care and socioeconomic impact of falls in the elderly. Am Jf Surg 2012; 203(3): 335-8.
50. Wendelboe AM, Landen MG. Increased fall-related mortality rates in New Mexico, 1999-2005. Public Health Rep (Washington, DC: 1974). 2011; 126(6): 861-7.
51. Ghodsi SM, Roudsari BS, Abdollahi M, Shadman M. Fall-related injuries in the elderly in Tehran. Injury 2003; 34(11): 809-14.
52. Kannus P, Niemi S Fau - Parkkari J, Parkkari J Fau - Palvanen M, Palvanen M Fau - Vuori I, Vuori I Fau - Jarvinen M, Jarvinen M. Hip fractures in Finland between 1970 and 1997 and predictions for the future. Lancet 1999. 6; 353(9155): 802-5.