1. Gallahue D, Ozmun J. Understanding Motor Development: Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults. 7th ed: McGraw-Hill Education; 2011: 296-316.
2. Case-Smith J, Clark GJF, Schlabach TL. Systematic review of interventions used in occupational therapy to promote motor performance for children ages birth–5 years. American Journal of Occupational Therapy 2013; 67: 413-24.
3. Scott JL. The effect of a metronome-based coordination training programmer on the Fundamental gross motor skills of children with motor development delays: Stellenbosch: University of Stellenbosch; 2010.
4. Wood C, Sheehy K, Passenger T, Littleton K. Understanding specific learning difficulties. Developmental psychology in action 2006: 9-52.
5. Zorina ZA, Obozova TA. New data on the brain and cognitive abilities of birds. Zool Zhurnal 2011; 90: 784-802.
6. Behrad b. Meta-analysis of the prevalence of learning disabilities Elementary Students. Research in Exceptional Children 2005; 5: 417-36.
7. Pumfrey P, Reason R. Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia): Challenges and Responses. Taylor & Francis; 2013:1-31.
8. Bushnell EW, Boudreau JP. Motor development and the mind: The potential role of motor abilities as a determinant of aspects of perceptual development. Child development 1993; 64: 1005-21.
9. Hannula DE, Greene AJ. The hippocampus reevaluated in unconscious learning and memory: at a tipping point? Frontiers in human neuroscience 2012; 6.
10. Debaere F, Wenderoth N, Sunaert S, Van Hecke P, Swinnen S. Cerebellar and premotor function in bimanual coordination: parametric neural responses to spatiotemporal complexity and cycling frequency. Neuro image 2004; 21: 1416-27.
11. Caeyenberghs K, Leemans A, Coxon J, Leunissen I, Drijkoningen D, Geurts M, Gooijers J, Michiels K, Sunaert S, Swinnen SP. Bimanual coordination and corpus callosum microstructure in young adults with traumatic brain injury: a diffusion tensor imaging study. Journal of neurotrauma 2011; 28: 897-913.
12. Punt M, De Jong M, De Groot E, Hadders‐Algra M. Minor neurological dysfunction in children with dyslexia. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2010; 52: 1127-32.
13. Westendorp M, Hartman E, Houwen S, Smith J, Visscher C. The relationship between gross motor skills and academic achievement in children with learning disabilities. Research in developmental disabilities 2011; 32: 2773-9.
14. Vuijk PJ, Hartman E, Mombarg R, Scherder E, Visscher C. Associations between academic and motor performance in a heterogeneous sample of children with learning disabilities. Journal of learning disabilities 2011; 44: 276-82.
15. Haapala EA, Poikkeus A-M, Tompuri T, Kukkonen-Harjula K, Leppänen PH, Lindi V, Lakka TA. Associations of motor and cardiovascular performance with academic skills in children. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2014; 46: 1016-24.
16. Duger T, Bumin G, Uyanik M, Aki E, Kayihan H. The assessment of Bruininks-Oseretsky test of motor proficiency in children. Developmental Neuro rehabilitation 1999; 3: 125-31.
17. Woodard RJ, Surburg PR. Fundamental gross motor skill performance by girls and boys with learning disabilities. Perceptual and motor skills 1997; 84: 867-70.
18. Westendorp M, Hartman E, Houwen S, Huijgen BC, Smith J, Visscher C. A longitudinal study on gross motor development in children with learning disorders. Research in developmental disabilities 2014; 35: 357-63.
19. Nicolson RI, Fawcett AJ. Comparison of deficits in cognitive and motor skills among children with dyslexia. Annals of Dyslexia 1994; 44: 147-64.
20. Smits-Engelsman B, Wilson P, Westenberg Y, Duysens J. Fine motor deficiencies in children with developmental coordination disorder and learning disabilities: An underlying open-loop control deficit. Human movement science 2003; 22: 495-513.
21. Zhang J. Sensory-and Perceptual-Motor Performance of Children with Learning and Behavioral Disorders Enrolled in a Learning Laboratory. The Ichper-sd Journal of Research in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport & Dance 2007; 2: 48.
22. Overvelde A, Hulstijn W. Implicit motor sequence learning in children with learning disabilities: deficits limited to a subgroup with low perceptual organization. Developmental neuropsychology 2012; 37: 579-89.