1. Hegde MN. Treatment protocols for stuttering. Plural Pub; 2007.
2. Iverach L, Rapee RM. Social anxiety disorder and stuttering: Current status and future directions. Journal of fluency disorders 2014; 40: 69-82.
3. Hulit LM. Stuttering therapy: A guide to the Charles Van Riper approach. Charles C Thomas Pub Limited; 1985.
4. Mohammadi H, Rezaei M, Moradi S, Barani M, Badri S, Heidari A. Comparison of quality of life in people who stutter and normal individuals. Journal of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences 2012; 16(6): 480-6.
5. Yaruss JS, Quesal RW. Overall Assessment of the Speaker's Experience of Stuttering (OASES): Documenting multiple outcomes in stuttering treatment. Journal of fluency disorders 2006; 31(2): 90-115.
6. Guitar B. Stuttering: An integrated approach to its nature and treatment. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013.
7. Mahr GC, Torosian T. Anxiety and social phobia in stuttering. Journal of Fluency Disorders 1999; 24(2): 119-26.
8. Blumgart E, Tran Y, Craig A. Social anxiety disorder in adults who stutter. Depression and Anxiety 2010; 27(7): 687-92.
9. Sheehan JG. Stuttering: Research and therapy; 1970.
10. Perkins WH. Replacement of stuttering with normal speech: I. Rationale. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders 1973; 38(3): 283-94.
11. Lincoln M, Onslow M, Menzies RG. Beliefs about stuttering and anxiety: Research and clinical implications. Australian Journal of Human Communication Disorders 1996; 24(1): 3-10.
12. Messenger M, Onslow M, Packman A, Menzies R. Social anxiety in stuttering: measuring negative social expectancies. Journal of fluency disorders 2004; 29(3): 201-12.
13. Farpour S, Shafie B, Salehi A, Karimi H. Relationship of unhelpful thoughts and beliefs about stuttering with anxiety and depression in Persian-speaking adults who stutter. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences 2013: 1173-85.
14. Kashdan TB, Herbert JD. Social anxiety disorder in childhood and adolescence: Current status and future directions. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review 2001; 4(1): 37-61.
15. Kraaimaat FW, Vanryckeghem M, Van Dam-Baggen R. Stuttering and social anxiety. Journal of fluency disorders 2002; 27(4): 319-31.
16. Stein MB, Baird A, Walker JR. Social phobia in adults with stuttering. The American journal of psychiatry 1996; 153(2): 278-80.
17. Connor KM, Davidson JR, Churchill LE, Sherwood A, Weisler RH, FOA E. Psychometric properties of the Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN) New self-rating scale. The British Journal of Psychiatry 2000; 176(4): 379-86.
18. Craig A, Hancock K, Tran Y, Craig M, Peters K. Epidemiology of stuttering in the community across the entire life span. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research 2002; 45(6): 1097-105.
19. Riley GD, Bakker K. Stuttering Severity Instrument: SSI-4. ASHA; 2009.
20. TahmasebiGarmatani N, Shafie B, Feizi A, Salehi A, Howell P. Determination of the reliability of the stuttering severity instrument-specific adults who stutter. J Res Rehabil Sci 2012; 8(4): 1-7.
21. Saffarinia M, Shahandeh M. Reliability and Validity Assessment of Social Phobia Inventory among Ahvaz Universities’ Students. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology 2014; 20(2): 170-8.
22. Klein JF, Hood SB. The impact of stuttering on employment opportunities and job performance. Journal of fluency disorders 2004; 29(4): 255-73.
23. Iverach L, Jones M, O’Brian S, Block S, Lincoln M, Harrison E, et al. Mood and substance use disorders among adults seeking speech treatment for stuttering. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research 2010; 53(5): 1178-90.
24. Costa D, Kroll R. Stuttering: an update for physicians. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2000; 162(13): 1849-55.
25. Makkar SR, Grisham JR. Social anxiety and the effects of negative self-imagery on emotion, cognition, and post-event processing. Behaviour research and therapy 2011; 49(10): 654-64.
26. Iverach L, Menzies RG, O’Brian S, Packman A, Onslow M. Anxiety and stuttering: Continuing to explore a complex relationship. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology 2011; 20(3): 221-32.
27. Iverach L, Menzies R, Jones M, O'Brian S, Packman A, Onslow M. Further development and validation of the unhelpful thoughts and beliefs about stuttering (UTBAS) scales: Relationship to anxiety and social phobia among adults who stutter. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders 2011; 46(3): 286-99.
28. St Clare T, Menzies RG, Onslow M, Packman A, Thompson R, Block S. Unhelpful thoughts and beliefs linked to social anxiety in stuttering: Development of a measure. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders 2009; 44(3): 338-51.
29. Luc F, Brutten GJ. Speech-associated attitudes of stuttering and nonstuttering children. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research 1991; 34(1): 60-6.
30. Mardani N, Ataei Z, Lakzian S, Sohani Rad D, Ghaemi H, Jamali J. An Investigation of the Effect of Stuttering on Personality Characteristics in Adult Men. Journal of Paramedical Sciences & Rehabilitation 2015; 4(2): 24-30.
31. Lowe R, Guastella AJ, Chen NT, Menzies RG, Packman A, O’Brian S, et al. Avoidance of eye gaze by adults who stutter. Journal of fluency disorders 2012; 37(4): 263-74.